October 2015 PTO Meeting Minutes

Woodbrook Elementary School
PTO Meeting Minutes-October 2015

*In Attendance: Sara Henry, Heather Santiago, Jasmine Johnson, Kate Scales, Kim McQuown, Tracey Williams, Lindsay Diamond, Erin Cooney, Leslie Wills, Sheryl Feggans, Lorrie Smith, Lisa Molinaro, Ellen Powell, Pam Atkinson, Allison O’Grady.

*September 2015 PTO minutes are approved.

*Vote: Nicole Salsgiver voted into Members at Large position.

*Vote/proposal for amendment of certain bylaws (“board member to serve 3 year term”): postponed until November PTO meeting. Pam Atkinson to continue to serve as Treasurer in interim.

*Vote: Yearbook stipend of $500.00 approved for Teacher Lead. Two parents organized the yearbook pictures for 2014-2015, and struggled with being able to find pictures of classroom activities, fieldtrips, etc. Having a Teacher Lead to coordinate collection of pictures throughout the year would be helpful, and 2 parents to continue organization of pages. The Teacher Lead will decide whether to offer spring yearbook club so students can be involved, or to organize systematic way of collecting photos of more students throughout the school year. Fourth grade teacher Leslie Wills-Taylor to send out email to Woodbrook teachers to inform them of needs.

*Tracy Williams addressed desire to change yearbook companies which would allow for much easier uploading of pictures (Jostens).

Fundraising

*Sara Henry discussed fundraising profits from Family Movie Night, ACAC Family Fitness Night, Attractions books, Baja Bean and Box Tops.

*Scholastic Book Fair and Innisbrook are underway!

*Election Bake Sale being planned by Beth Daane. In need of baked goods and volunteers! Junior league to help again this year.

*Next Movie Night will be December 4th, and students will vote on a movie.

Communication

*Teacher Leslie Wills-Taylor discussed possibility of having a bus to help with transporting students to school events (last year a bus helped so students could attend the Film Festival).

*Leslie Wills-Taylor also discussed ways to communicate with more families about upcoming school events. Could we place event stickers on students at the end of the day (like old Cici’s stickers) to remind families of events, or additional classroom announcements to remind students?

*Lindsay Diamond: suggests a plan to have parents fill out a PTO communications survey while they are at teacher-parent conferences. Also, reminder that all of the Sign Up Genius needs are on the PTO digital website.

Treasurers Report/Budget

*Pam Atkinson discussed budget comparisons from last year projections to actuals. Also updated field trip allocations and cost for this school year (all previously approved). Budget was voted on and approved.