- Following up on MLK jr. Day, the word of the week has been “PEACEMAKER”. The word is defined as “a person or group of people that work collaboratively to bring or make peace between people in conflict.” As we take time this time of year to recognize the leadership skills of the late, great Dr. Martin Luther King, it is worthwhile to take time to truly reflect on and ask our children to think about the incredible impact Dr. King had on our country and how he led in peaceful ways through incredibly challenging times. The school is focusing on helping our children learn various ways to become a Peacemaker, including:
* Communicating with others by using a respectful “I Message”
* Acknowledging and affirming the positive qualities of others
* Showing a willingness to compromise
If you are interested in additional resources to use at home to reinforce these lessons, please looking under our resources tab.
- The 3rd Grade Musical is on Thursday, February 8th at 6:30pm. Performers should report to their classrooms at 6pm.
- Report Cards will be available for viewing through the Parent Portal on Monday, February 5th.
- Clubs will be starting soon. If you are available to lead a club this spring, please let the office know ASAP. Clubs run on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, after school until 4pm. Some past popular clubs that are still looking for sponsors include: Minecraft, Chess, Soccer and running. You may have other ideas/hobbies you would like to share with 2nd-5th grades. Email your suggestions/willingness to participate to [email protected]
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here