- Many thanks to the hundreds who turned out to walk a mile for cause on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day! Woodbrook families clocked 284 miles and the collective community walked 401! Way to go! A sampling of photographs from the day are displayed above.
- No school on Monday, January 22nd. It is a professional work day for Teachers. Note that Monday, February 19th is NOW back on the calendar as a school day, making up for one of last week’s snow days.
- Clubs are right around the corner! The school is looking for parent volunteers to run a club either one or two days a week. Clubs typically run from the end of February through the first week in May on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. A club could be offered on another day but would require participants to provide their own transportation home. If you have a passion you would like to share with 2nd-5th graders, please let the office know. Some possibilities include cooking, chess, soccer, running, Minecraft, Legos, dance, photography, etc. There is a small budget available to provide for supplies.
- The Golden Apple Awards are back! If you know a talented teacher who not only demonstrates excellence in teaching, but also engages with the community outside of school, consider nominating him or her for a Golden Apple Award. But don’t delay! Nominations must be submitted with the principal’s signature by Thursday, February 1, 2018.. One teacher from each school will receive a Golden Apple keepsake, as well as gift certificates from local businesses. And, eight lucky winners will receive $1,000 grants for classroom materials or professional development! Download the Nomination Form and Instructions, fill out the application and submit it to Mrs. Molinaro before February 1st and she will complete the submission process. For more information, check out the Golden Apple web page or contact Caitlyn Wetzel at 434-296-5820.
- If you have any extra tissue boxes, the front office is in need of replenishment. This is the time of year where runny noses are on the fast track!
- The Word of The Week is Courage with a focus on being brave as you meet new experiences and difficult situations. One way to discuss courage at home is to have a family meeting where you talk about the importance of courage and share examples of courage you have displayed, witnessed in others and/or the most courageous people you have met.
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here